Vilardo Architecture's Bio
VILARDO ARCHITECTURE was established by Joseph F. Vilardo as a successor to Hoffman-Vilardo Architects, Saratoga Springs, New York, where he was the founding partner in 1991. Current projects include office and facade renovations for PRIDE of Ticonderoga, stabilization and renovations to the Agway Building
(circ. 1879), Ticonderoga, and several custom homes on Lake George. Just completed projects include a New Beach House for the Town of Ticonderoga, the Pier
Pavilion of the new Shoreline and Pier development for the Town of Rouses Point, major renovations to the Ticonderoga Country Club, and conceptual design for the Best Western Inn and Suites of Ticonderoga. Additionally, as a partner with Hoffman-Vilardo Architects, Mr. Vilardo has executed a wide spectrum of Residential,
Commercial, and Institutional projects. These projects include:
- FORREST E. MARS RESIDENCE on Lake George; Putnam Station, N.Y. +5,000 sf. Vacation home designed in the "Adirondack" vernacular.
- LANCASTER DEVELOPMENT CORP., Richmondville, NY: A new 4.2 million dollar facility to house offices and repair facilities for a major highway construction company.
- COSCO BUILDING; Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Multiple projects for existing mixed use building including: code review / compliance work, tenant fit-up, and a +17,000 sf office addition.
- CORINTH VETERINARY CLINIC; Corinth, N.Y.: A new 2,600 sf. facility for treatment of small animals that includes a kennel, lab and operatory suite.
- TICONDEROGA FEDERAL CREDIT UNION; Ticonderoga, N.Y. Renovations / Alterations to existing facility including: exterior refinishing, Interior finishes, and design of a new on-site storage facility.
- GLICKMAN BUILDING; Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Renovations of historic downtown building for use as offices for the employees of the Adirondack Trust Company
- ADIRONDACK TRUST CO; Saratoga Springs, N.Y. Renovations to downtown facility including installation of new elevator.
- CHAMPLAIN NATIONAL BANK; Crown Point, N.Y. Renovations to an existing branch bank in order to comply with current ADA regulations.(American with Disabilities Act.)
Publications and Awards
- Spirit of Saratoga: "Welcome to Camp", October 2008 issue . Article featuring the "Candicace and Bill Krueger Residence' on Lake, Warrensburg, New York.
- Harvest Homes '2002 Distinctive Custom Home Award: the "William and Ann Westervelt Residence" on Lake George, Ticonderoga, New York.
- Better Homes and Gardens: Beautiful New Homes, Summer 2001. Feature Cover Article: "Classic Romance - Discover the comfort of carriage-house charm"; The John Witt Residence.
- "SALA Libre". A book published by the Minnesota Society of the American Institute of Architects, 1992. Selected Works By Alumni of the School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, University of Minnesota. Featured: "The Antlers at Diamond Point", Lake George, New York. (Design Architect - J.F. Vilardo.)
- Adirondack Life: "New Homes, Old Ideas", September / October 1988 issue. Article included the "Otto Doering Residence", Upper Saranac Lake, New York. (Design Architect - J.F. Vilardo.)
- "Informing Design: Architectural Concepts in Traditional Neighborhoods", A book by Old Town Restorations, Inc., 1981. Includes an in-fill design project for an apartment complex located in the Summit Avenue Historic Hill District of St. Paul, Minnesota.
Joseph F. Vilardo, a Registered Architect, and native of Ticonderoga, New York, has been practicing in the Southeastern Adirondack, and Lake George regions since 1984. He is a graduate of Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, and The Institute of Technology and The School of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, University of Minnesota, where he earned degrees in Engineering Technology, Environmental Design and a Professional Degree in Architecture.